Saturday, May 24, 2025

Heavy Discussion



Never was much of a reader growing up since my feeble brain was always set on the instant gratification of playing video games or drawn to other activities that had me outdoors like skating and bike riding. As I got a bit older though I started to finally learn how to chill and escape through comic books and manga, still not quite paper back novels but I was starting to see the allure of wanting to be a writer and create my own thought-provoking stories. I even dabbled in making my own Visual Novels lol. Fast forward to present day where I have so many more interests I never in my life would of thought I had like History and Watchmaking, I have taken a conscious effort to actually start "reading reading". I put on some ambient music while I read (I have specific albums I play for different genres of books) and it really helps me get immersed in these worlds or time periods or whatever. Currently reading Rat Six by Jack Flowers, a novel based on a true story of a Vietnam War Lieutenant who was a "Tunnel Rat" the absolute worst of the worst jobs you could of ever had while serving in the war. Will post my thoughts on it when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DO YOU FEEL BLAME!?????

I originally started writing this post back in November 2024 but never really got around to wrapping up all my thoughts until now. A lot has...